- 🌲 Samson from Maine, USA
- 🎨 🏃📚 Bruce, Noor, Henry and Felix from Illinois, USA
- 🏐 Bridget from Kentucky, USA
- 📚 Rythme from Madhya Pradesh, India
- 💻 Jamarkis from Florida, USA
👋 It's Holly here with the current awesome things you and your club can get involved in! 💫Check out past editions here.
(You're getting this email because you lead a Hack Club. Your whole club can get it too!)
This summer, join us to build the future of Hack Club meets - we're calling them Jams!
Work with the team at HQ to ship a Jam and 💸 we'll pay you $200 💸 for your 10-15 hour time commitment. Then, your Jam will be used by thousands of Hack Clubbers around the world!
A Jam is a real project that can be completed in under 1 hour and everyone's result is different! The goal is to build a quality project for varying technical abilities and will include slides and a video.
- We're only accepting 20 Jams this round
- Propose a Jam by July 2! *Check the README for instructions
- Hear back from the team within 48 hours Mon-Fri on whether your proposal is accepted.
- Once accepted, work closely with the team to write the Jam, make a presentation and film a short video by July 19.
Teens around the world are designing their first PCBs as part of OnBoard, a Hack Club project where you design a board, and we help you with $100 to make it real! Get involved and check out some amazing projects coming together so far:
- 🤖 A Lidar Sensor for robots by the Software Lead of FRC#997
- 💨 A smoke and gas detector
- 🌀 A haptic fidget spinner that "feels like it's really spinning!"
- ⌨️ A mechanical keyboard built by the one and only @Hugo
If you're anything like me, you've got projects you've been putting off doing. 📘 A book you've been meaning to finish 🌐 a website addition you've been meaning to make 🎨🎻 an art you've wanted to pick back up? Well, next week you can join other Hack Clubbers and beat procrastination together! Sahiti will be leading a call next Wednesday, June 28 at 7pm EST! ✨ RSVP here to get an invite
- 🗺️ Have you ever wanted to collaborate with other clubs? Add your club details to Clubs Directory so nearby clubs can get in touch! Have your club leader use @Jolly in slack to opt in and complete your club profile.
- ⛺ Outernet is a month away! Don't forget to sign up and invite all your club members too. There's even a special surprise being planned for club leaders that you won't want to miss 👀
- 📆 Get a weekly rundown of all the calls and activities happening around Hack Club in #happenings in Slack!
Till next time!